Monday, April 27, 2009

My Memory Essay


Here's a recent assignment Aidyn did for school...


My Memory Essay

Around Thanksgiving and Christmas was a hard time. I was in the hospital having surgery, shots, M.R.Is, doctors saying words that you have to be older then 35 to understand and really smart, pretty nurses, and a whole lot of family and friends.

There are so many things that remind me of this as you can imagine but I’ve had to narrow it down to three. The first is…. Wires. The disgusting, long, black, skinny wires. Now you might think that’s not so bad but let me show you what I’m up against: 1 catheter, at least 3 I.V.s, 3 heart rate wires that only let you turn 90 degrees and beep whenever you start to fall asleep, and more. Every time I see a stinken wire I don’t let it get near me but sometimes that’s a little hard. When ever I see a wire I gasp have a flash back and step away.

Another memory is the children’s hospital mascot, the little blue boy holding the balloons. He’s not as bad but still. The most annoying thing is that when I was there it was the 100th anniversary so that little kid was everywhere. Newspapers, bulletin boards, and even my milk carton. But what really stinks is my mom got my sister one of those things nurses keep their I.D. badges on and the little blue boy with the 3 balloons is on it.

The one good memory is my prayer tree. My prayer tree is a little fake Christmas tree with some verses and sayings on it. Ever time I look at it I remember all my family and friends that really were there. I had my Grandparents from California, my uncle from North Carolina, people I didn’t even now. Plus I had a visitor everyday.

It just goes to show how much people care and love me. And that I have friends and family who go out of their way to do so. It also shows not to forget your memories even the bad ones because they lead to good memories that no one wants to ever lose.

No comments: